[T2] 2nd gear problems

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Tue Aug 15 05:44:58 PDT 2017

As for filling transmission with oil - I used the Royal Purple 75W-90 in quart containers. I took a large bucket, filled it with hot water. Put the bottles in there to warm them up, and get the oil to flow more easily. Got that suggestion from this list.

Then I just snipped the top of the container nipple, and was able to fill from underneath no pumps needed. I couldn't quite get the last bit out of each container, but I would just pour that into the next container, and went through like that, until I had a little bit ooze out the fill hole.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab