[T2] some good news

Dave Gillingham dave at coronado-realty.com
Fri Aug 11 10:08:37 PDT 2017

My $.02:

I found (in the greater San Diego area) it is not too much more costly to buy a new tank rather than have yours boiled out.  Eastwood also makes a tank cleaning/sealing kit, but I wasn’t overwhelmed with it.

My one big lesson learned when I was dealing with a problem like yours (on my 73 panel van) is to make sure you have help (or some sort of clamp) ready when you pull the fuel line from the tank nipple.  I barely touched mine recently and it broke (despite having been replaced in the last couple of years) leaving me with my finger in the dike and gas running down my arm.  No good choices at that point.  Fortunately, after about 10 min, my son happened along and was able to get me a clamp.  I think in the future (for my now self-imposed mandatory annual fuel line replacements) I will have a plugged short section of fuel line to jam on the tank nipple ready just in case (!

Dave Gillingham
Owner/Broker
Coronado Island Realty
Office: 619-435-0145