[T2] Engine Ground voltage drop under load, please help diagnose.

Rob vwrobb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:27:05 PDT 2016

To be honest I'm not sure I understand the problem either. When you
put  big draw on the system at idle the voltage goes down & this is a problem?
I'm just not seeing what the problem is...

I'd think any 30+ year old Volkswagen will need ALL the grounds
cleaned & checked. just to prevent problems.

FWIW any VW (that I've owned & there have been many) can use an
"extra" ground at both headlights and the starter.

Rob
vwrobb at gmail.com