[T2] Vanagon shops

John Dillon johndillon at johndillon.com
Mon Oct 24 21:29:54 PDT 2016

So, I was flying to BC from Hamilton last Friday - the prior Monday I contacted bunysnbugs in Chilliwack to arrange to have a muffler replaced - I said I'll be there Saturday - any problem installing a stock muffler on an 82 vanagon - no problem they say.  Great!!! Then I call them on Thursday - I'll be there on Saturday - we still good? It will be too hot to do Saturday morning she says - shit!! Unless you get here about 8 and it will be cooled down enough for when we open at 10 - ok- I'll be there.

So I get there about 7:20 - got of the plane on Friday - picked up the vanagon from the farmer who stores it - slept at a walmart so I'd be up early - no shower wait till 10 - bad news she says - we don't have the muffler - damn - not only did I wait here since 7:30 based on your representations but I waited around abbotsford needlessly and didn't look for another ship! She says - well I was going to email you last night but I didn't. Really?

So I hang out in Vancouver on Sunday - Monday morning I call cip1.ca asking if they have rear hatch struts and 110 box. No problem - do you have any good vw shops in Delta - yes - try Ed at the bug shop.

So I drive to Delta and meet Ed - holy crow - not one bug at the bug shop - but lots of vanagon. So I talk to Ed - show him my broken muffler - Ed goes in sand finds a used one that is in excellent shape - he says come back in an hour.

I go to CIP1 and pick up my new struts and electrical box hookup thing - back to Ed's drop off the vanagon - go for Indian food in Surrey - not that easy as there had been a shooting and a road was blocked off - but I did it. Then back to Ed's. he was to change the muffler, change the oil, inspect gas heater, install the struts, (few more small things) - and within 1.5 hours I'm back on the road.

All this to say - what a great fair guy Ed is. I'm going to get a few more things done by him when I'm back in BC in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone