[T2] oil pressure light was Re: Vacuum advance

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Tue Oct 11 17:26:34 PDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Pratt" <ka1dza at verizon.net>

>  I'm wondering if the outlet from the oil filter to the oil pressure
> switch is plugged and keeping the oil pressure light from coming on.

my thoughts on that comment.... if the outlet of the filter was plugged..
there would be NO pressure... and the oil pressure light should stay OFF...
the oil pump pushes oil into the filter, thru the filter, out of the filter
, past the pressure switch, into the engine galleys  ...
so.. if the oil isn't getting past the filter.. then there is no pressure,,
and the switch would be closed,, and the light should be on...
and the engine should make a weird noise like there is no oil in there..

that said. if I am confoooosed! lol.... some pump bodies do have a PLUG in
the outlet of the pump....... and then a hole in the cover.. and the oil
goes out thru the cover into the filter.. etc
if that filter isn't there.. and a blank cover is installed....... the oil
WILL NOT go thru the galley... and the oil pressure switch would stay