[T2] Horn/directional switch

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Fri Nov 18 23:21:55 PST 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Pratt"
> When I use the directional switch, I get a momentary "beep" from the horn.
> When I turn left and turn on the 4 way flashers, the horn beeps every time
> the lights flash. I have a couple of pieces of rubber that go around the
> steering column, but Bentley is a bit unclear where they go.
> Any suggestions?

The horn has power all the time..........
to activate the horn.. the circuit needs ground........ so it is seeking
ground thru something......
there is only one brown brown wire from the horn.. to the connection at the
rag joint.. or rubber donut,, steering coupler.. what ever you want to call
it.. you can access that under the tin plate at the bottom of the steering
column.

in my experience, I have almost always found the problem is under the tin
cover at the bottom of the steering column.. and the horn switch has a
parallel connection by this tin cover..  I have found the column is not
aligned at the dash.. and the tin is not in place correctly .. and the
plastic ring that insulates the tin plate from the steering column is not in
place,, or is bend, buggered , twisted,, out of place..

with this bus.. Bob has done a lot of wiring ... corrections.......  so I
can only guess ....... but if the ground is always there.. AND there is
another fault where other wiring in the bus has connected to the power
circuit to the horn..... which would be VERY strange... then the horn would
activate with the power from that circuit...

hope that helps