[T2] Pilot bearing

Roger Lemberg phroggie at ieee.org
Mon Nov 7 18:11:44 PST 2016

Greetings,

It seemed easier to me to replace the gland nut with a new one with the bearing pre-installed. If you go that route, make sure you use a new spring washer or you’ll regret it, please don’t ask how I know. To torque it, I used a long 1/2” breaker bar (Harbor Freight) and lowered my whole weight (180 lbs) 18” from the socket. I have a flywheel lock and I think I bolted a 2x4 to the mounting holes to keep the whole engine from turning.

Peace,
Phroggie and his Phrogbus (1970 Sportsmobile conversion)
Northridge, CA