[T2] @&^%$$ oil leak still there after engine pull/install

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Thu Nov 3 06:00:34 PDT 2016

I just spoke to my rebuilder Jon Kleckner- he said just the
opposite-must seat the seal fully- hers was only tapped flush by me.
Jon did say the all orange seal can shrink; use the block/gray/orange
one from Germany (Relin?).  Can Dr Tim weigh in?  Check youtube re vw
seals- they seat them fully tapping on the old seal over the new or use
a large socket edge to tap it in. This orange one came out easily with
the "Bent Screwdriver" style of prybar. I went to BusDepot and got the
Relin, but they were out of the oring for the flywheel- it was new and I
am leaving it.

MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper