[T2] Fuel filler hose

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Mon May 23 11:26:51 MST 2016

to answer your questions,  I have changed the fuel filler hose and gas
guage sender without removing engine.
   it is a super huge PITA to do and removing the engine gives them a tiny
bit more room to work with, but my hands tend to be on the small side with
longish fingers so it was a huge help.

most often they cut an access hole in the deck above the fuel sender to
replace it.  turns a two hour job into a 10minute job. but then youe have
a hole in your deck that needs patching.

as for changing the fuel hose yes you have to take air cleaner, rear cover
and ECU cover and ECU out to access the hose. it is not an easy job even
with ideal conditions.  I suspect they want to do it the way VW probably
did it, put the hose on the tank before putting tank in bus.

since taking engines out is no big deal in a bus why not let them do it
the way they find most convienent.

Bob