[T2] Arm rest anchors?

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Sun Jan 31 11:51:33 MST 2016

Well my front door handles have become very stiff, and I was beginning to get worried about breaking a key in them. So I took them apart this weekend - thinking I had a broken spring - as referenced in the Ratwell website. I ordered the springs ahead of time - a bunch - given my history, I figured one or two would go shooting across the garage and I'd probably break one. After getting them apart, I found the springs were intact. So I left them. They were just super dirty and grimy. I cleaned them up with a toothbrush and lots of WD-40. The blew them out, and some sewing machine oil on all the sticky parts, and a dab of grease here and there. Back together, it seems to work much better.

My issues now - the interior arm rest piece. On the driver's side - there are some white plastic anchors that the armrest screws into. They are in BAD shape on the driver's side. The armrest always felt like it was going to rip off - I was always real gently with it. Now that I've got the door apart - and I see the problem - the anchors are wasted. I'm not sure what the part number is, or if they are even available anymore. Anyone have any ideas on replacements?

Thanks,

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy