[T2] Turn signals/emergency flashers 1971 bus..........Also, the oil pressure light

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Wed Jan 13 15:16:59 MST 2016

From: "Bob Pratt"
> Also, the oil pressure light does not work. I've changed the switch and
> made sure the blue/green wire was not broken. Does anyone have any
> suggestions on what to do next?

Bob,, the oil pressure light is the simplest circuit on the bus.. so .. go
to the oil pressure switch,, remove the wire.. and attach it to ground so it
stays there.. like with an aligator .. make sure it is grounded.

then go to the front of the bus.. and find the blue green wire near the dash
lamp for the oil pressure indicator

attach your test light clip to a hot fuse.. touch the test light probe to
ground,, light comes on... you have a good hot ,, and a good ground,,

now , touch the test light probe to the blue green wire..... you might have
to poke a tiny hole in the blue green wire insulation.... or go right to the
lampholder on the dash...

you should get the test lamp to light as your have grounded that wire at the
engine..

if the test light doesn't light,, then you have a broken wire,, or a poor
ground at the engine,,

or,,,,,,,, there is a 6 terminal block where the blue green wire connects
thru... I don't know where it is located on a 71,, but it should be near the
dash,, maybe under the fuse panel,, just before the wiring exits the cab and
goes under the bus..

that 6 terminal connector also has left brake /  rear turn signal,,, starter
solenoid ,,,, fuel gauge ,,,  generator dash light ,,, and another part of
the rear brake light circuit thru the equalize switch
are  you having trouble with any of those 6 ?

IF the test light comes on,, turn on the key and see if the dash oil
pressure lamp turns on........... no love?  check the ground on the dash
with your test light.. it is still connected to that hot fuse ,, and the tip
connects to the ground circuit on the gauge cluster ... no love? you need a
ground jumper from the body to the instrument cluster... if it does
light....... check the lamp is good...

put your test light from the blue green wire.. and touch the instrument
cluster ground.. if the test light comes on.. then you have a problem right
at the dash lamp holder,, or lamp itself..

hope that helps
Jamie