[T2] Singlecab gates, and latches

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Fri Feb 26 05:42:03 MST 2016

Hi Guys...a few more questions about my singlecab. It is a 1969, undergoing some restoration/rust repair. A few questions:

The Gates:
1. The rear gate has a bit of a curve in it from something slamming into it inside the bed. SO when the rear gate swings open, it hits the engine lid. Any ideas on how to straighten this gate out?
2. I'm trying to figure out how to address the hinges and latches of the gates. I was thinking of removing them, and having them powder coated. Has anyone else done this - or have any tips on different ways to treat these handles, latches and hinges.

The Dashboard
The PO painted the dash all white. I think it was originally all black - weren't they all? I'm talking about the metal part that is right up against the windshield.
The foam covered dash(the removable thing) has a lot of overspray from the PO paint job. It also has some cracks in it. I was wondering about painting this? Anyone have experience painting this? Also any tips on filling the cracks? I see this company urethane supply which sells dashboard repair kits. I was thinking of trying that -but looking for any info/experience with that.

Thanks.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy