[T2] yes it's cold, 75 bus runs sort of

MUTS muts at verizon.net
Sun Dec 18 05:30:37 PST 2016

Well, after changing the oil seal and replacing the trans oil, no more
drips or frothy leaks.  A step forward, but now 2 steps back!  Replaced
the CV with blue balls, axles back in day before deep freeze, heat
hooked up. Pumps up, runs, but idle shows vibration, wouldn't run by
itself until I upped the idle.  Drove it in 1st about 50 ft, but now it
won't stay shifted into reverse (gears clashing), sort of tries if you
hold stick left, pops out while rolling. Before, this trans would
sometimes pop out going backwards up a hill, you needed momentum. Could
this be due to mislocation of shift lever? I did not touch lever mount,
shift rod housing has detent screwed together. Since trans was dropped,
perhaps total length of rod has changed?  What gives?  Clutch felt
slipping, gripped too high up on pedal, guess the free play I adjusted
to was just the pedal mounting.  I backed off on the cable nut so it
would grip closer to the floor. Want it too loose rather than too tight
at pedal, so I know it fully grips.  Had to tow it back up the drive to
wait out arctic weather.
Checked other functions, The signal relay "buzzes", does not blink.  Sat
too long, sticking?

MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper