[T2] Keeping Condenser Wire In

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Tue Sep 22 09:57:04 MST 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Dan Bessom <grtfldan at gmail.com> wrote:
> There should be a clip to hold the grommet in place.

the clip is on the later distr - dual vac and 009 and the like, with
the condenser wire coming out of the side. (square-ish hole)

>> On Sep 21, 2015, at 11:59 PM, Avocado Tom Tarka <avocadotom at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a silly question: how do I get the condenser wire to stay in the
>> bottom of the distributor?  This is for a '71 but I'm using the distributor
>> from a '70 because I'm running a single-port 1600 with a 30 Pict-3...

Earlier distr, with the wire coming in the bottom... round hole, I assume.

yep, it's a press-fit at best.  obviously using the right condenser and points.

it's usually a challenge to make it work, especially now that the
tooling that produces these has aged significantly...  but it should
wedge in there.

...david