[T2] Power loss in 4th

Avocado Tom Tarka avocadotom at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 20:44:17 MST 2015

John,

With all due respect, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm not trying to drive my bus up a hill  at 3000 rpm. Nor am I going to rev my type-1 engine up to 5,000 rpm to get up a hill.

I understand that the power band is such that 3800 or 4000 may be required on an uphill. What I'm doing is downshifting at a point when the next gear will be in that range: 3800-4400.  I'm not going to to downshift and before that point and overrev the engine: I've never had to, and the fact that the engine isn't pulling - even at ~4000 rpm - is an indication that something is wrong.

And I'm sorry, but I don't consider 3000 rpm "lugging the engine".

YMMV,
   Tom

----
 "We are MoTown. We are professionals. We're here to get the job done."