[T2] Fuel Sender Unit / Gauge

Jon Stiles misterstiles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:08:52 MST 2015

Greg,

I had a radiator shop modify the original tank by welding in a return line at the top of the tank. I could then keep the sending unit intact.

To use the late model sending unit, you will just need a late model gauge cluster and vibrator assembly. I have seen some people successfully swap only the needle portion out so they can keep the early style gray gauge cluster.

Or, you could have a shop swap the fuel tank tops over...

Perhaps you could modify a non functional late model sending as a base plate for an early cylinder style. You would need to drill a hole for the cylinder to slide into the old unit and drill and tap for the 6 hold down bolts. I haven't measured, but it might fit.

Jon Stiles

This message sent through a wormhole across time and space...