[T2] Wiring problems

ka1dza ka1dza at verizon.net
Thu Mar 12 15:49:51 MST 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down the reason why I keep blowing fuse 8 on my '71 bus. It's the fuse for the front interior light and emergency flashers.
I disconnected all of the marker lights except the right rear marker and side marker. I tried the left blinker and the fuses were OK. I turned on the flashers and fuse 8 blew. Looking at the schematic . The small red wire goes to the interior light, front and the heavy read wire goes to terminal 50 on the flasher switch. I have no idea what is causing this.

My son and I are planning to drive to Quincy, Ill from Boston, MA the first two weeks of June.

I know wiring problems are the worse to track down. I'm hoping someone out there might have had the same problem.

TIA

Bob Pratt