[T2] fixing my bus, remotely

Sami Dakhlia sami.dakhlia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:49:18 MST 2015

So my brother calls from California while I'm traveling in North
Africa: he says my bus keeps stalling. Big mystery. (He's not
mechanically inclined.)

I'm going to keep a short story short. Since I had a good wifi
connection at the hotel and he has a 4G data plan on his smartphone,
we decided to video-chat. It was almost as if I had been right there.
I suspected a disconnected vacuum hose and asked him to point his
phone at various areas in the engine bay, allowing me to visually
inspect it. And indeed a hose had come off. Easy fix, which saved him
a tow.

Which brings me to Bob's ordeal. Maybe we can do a video conference
and all have a closer look at his mystery problem. I'll bring the
beer. :)

Cheers,
Sami