[T2] progress, but no joy in Baltimo;re

Raceing Cajun raceingcajun at communicomm.com
Fri Jun 19 12:25:01 MST 2015

Ok, good news, sounds like the cam/crank timing is on spec. So lets index
the distributor: Roll the engine by hand, up on TDC, watching the valves
again on #3 till they overlap, and the TDC  Noch aligns with the case split.
Now look at the distributor rotor, where ever its pointing will be #1.
Loosen the clamp and turn the distributor vacuum advance housing until it
has enough room to move for "fine tuning" the Ignition timing, and lock it
down. The rotor is now pointing at what will be the #1 pole on the cap. wire
the rest of the plug wires as follows, starting by placing #1, in the pole
the rotor is pointing to, counting backwards (counter-clockwise) place the
rest of the wires in order #2, #3, #4. Nice of Volkswagen to make the firing
order #1-#4-#3-#2, makes things simple for dummy's like me! Put everything
back together, all wires, valve covers, etc., and try to start it! If it
starts, check for any oil, fuel leaks, etc., then after a warm up, set the
Ign. timing, adjust belts and so on.                 Happy Motoring!

Lets us know. We need some joy in Baltimore!!!!!

Skipper