[T2] Why won't it start

steve blackham homecraftproperties at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 13:23:51 MST 2015

If you have checked fuel to injectors (pulled at least one, and checked spray), spark, and timing (rotate dizzy while cranking to see if timing is off), then I would check for a massive vacuum leak. Had the same problem on a Vanagon.  Was the elbow on the auxiliary air valve: http://www.germansupply.com/home/image.php?productid=16902

|   |
|  |
|  |
| View on www.germansupply.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Could be somewhere else but this is the first thing I'd Check.  If you have a blower nozzle on a air compressor I'd plug it in here to charge the vacuum system and intake manifold.  If you hear a hiss, there's you problem.
If Nothing else works, drill an 1/16th inch hole in the air distributor and spray starting fluid into it with a carb cleaner tubes as you crank the engine.  If that doesn't work, you've probably miss timed the cam and valves in your rebuild.