[T2] why won't it start

MUTS . muts at verizon.net
Wed Jun 10 05:12:32 MST 2015

8 months sitting in tank? Since 99.9% of gas stations only sell E10 gas
(see puregas.org) it is common knowledge in the small engine/boating,rv,
and aviation world that E10 gas can fail in 3 months- one reason fuel
stabilzers and cleaners like Stabil and Seafoam are popular with those
that may let the engine sit for months.  Old gas has a smell that is
recognizable- did you smell yours?  I would get one of those gas cans
with a bottom outlet and run it right to the fuel pump with new gas, and
flush the injectors, then try.  I had a real issue with bad gas once,
the stuff that ran from draining tank looked brown!
    I still have not heard that you MEASURED fuel pressure at starting.
  Remember a faulty pressure regulator can affect this. Use the gauge,
hotwire pump to battery, watch pressure and remember there is no vacuum
to regulator so it should be the higher pressure. If it is only fuel,
then spray start should let it run a few seconds- but remember, a
backfire can bend/break the AFM flapper, as happened on Nyssa's 75.
Spray into airbox or s hose after s-hose is off the afm, it should run a
bit if timed and sparking OK.
MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper