[T2] why won't it start.

Christophe Guilbert cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu
Wed Jun 3 13:11:12 MST 2015

Also Bob , even if the distributor notch correspond to the TDC, there is
no guaranty  that your distributor is correctly mounted. You can still
have a 180deg wrong rotation at the shaft level when you reintroduce the
distributor back to the engine. you can test it by reversing the firing
order . That happened to my engine a few month ago, it was not firring
until I realize the distributor may not have been correctly installed .
I had to change the order of the firing cable of the distributor, than
it was working , for some reason( I would like someone to explain me),
my engine was not very powerful but the demonstration was conclusive.
After that you need to take your distributor out and rotate the end
shaft 180deg and put it back in. don't forget to change back the firing
wire order again. Be careful removing the distributor by not dropping
the spring inside the engine or you'll have to open the case again !!
(look in the manual)

Good luck !