[T2] panel parts - US Supplier?

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Mon Jul 27 05:10:53 MST 2015

Short synopsis - my singlecab rear ended someone last year. Front nose pretty wrecked. I'm trying to get a new nose panel, and at the same time repair my rocker panels, and front floors. I can't seem to find the repair panels like I thought I could.

I tried Klassicfab, and I have not had any luck with Gerson - phone calls and email unreturned. Maybe he is travelling? I've been trying since early June.

I have heard that he will supposedly have panels for a '69 in late August, but I have not heard this from him, and I've also heard that could be delayed - who knows how long? The inspection on my truck is expired, so I can't drive it as is anymore, I'd like to get it functioning again as soon as possible. So I don't think I can or want to wait for something that may or may not show up.

So my next question - if I can't get panels that are for a '69 singlecab, how different are the later panels? Specifically I need a new nose panel, rocker panels and front floor pans(ie where the passenger and driver's feet go).

In my discussions with the body shop - I told him initially I could get the panels, but now realize I can't. Am I probably better off getting the ones that are close, and having him modify them as needed to fit? I would imagine that is easier than him having to start from scratch.

Suggestions?

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy