[T2] Helping Newby with 77 weekender

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Fri Jul 10 06:30:52 MST 2015

that is where I have my starter relay installed.  is there an open plug or
are all the wires geing into something(Relar)?   I have had these relays
fail, but they are for starting and might show 0volts while cranking, but
a jumper to coil sould at least get it started.

have you tried starting it directly from the rear either jumping the
starter terminals or with a screwdriver (we've all done this at least
once)

if you run a jumper from coil to battery and it runs. it should run at
least until you remove the wire?!

doesn't sound like how the ignition switch fails.

does it have the rear relay by the blower fan??  check that if it does, I
don't have one so am not sure if it would have any affect.

good luck, sounds like you are close

Bob