[T2] Getting the Engine and Transaxle Together: What's the Trick?

jules jules.herr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:05:26 MST 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Roger Lemberg <phroggie at ieee.org> wrote:

> Every time I’ve reinstalled the engine, I run into the same problem:
> everything goes fine until there’s less than an inch gap between the
> transaxle and the engine and then it’s “caught”. Is there some obvious
> trick I’m missing?

Yes. Are you sure the problem isn't just the splines on the input shaft of
the transmission aren't lining up with those in the engine? Assuming
everything thing else is lined up properly, this could be your issue. The
fix is so simple, turn your engine a few degrees back and forth by using
the nut on pulley - while pushing the engine+trans together - this trick
almost always works for me right away.

Good luck!

peace
jules