[T2] '71 VW bus

ka1dza ka1dza at verizon.net
Sun Jan 11 12:57:57 MST 2015

Hi all again,
I good friend loaded the bus " Myles" on a trailer and brought him home today. I filled a trash barrel full of trash as the PO lived in the bus for a period of time.

I pulled all of the spark plugs and squirted a shot of WD40 into each cylinder and turned it over. I then hooked a spark plug wire to one of the plugs and had my granddaughter crank the engine over. No spark.

Starting with most logical things first, should I look at the points first?

Also, I can't get the slider to open. I tried to unlock it from the inside as I only have one key and I don't want to twist it off in the lock. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for the advice and wisdom of the group.

Bob Pratt