[T2] Spark from distributor to plug wires

Max Bronsema max.bronsema at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 14:31:34 MST 2015

KK is running again! Running rich, but running.

I adjusted the valves, 2e, 3i, 3e, 4i, and 4e were all a little tight.
Plugs 1 & 4 were black but cleaned up well. 2 & 3 had tan electrodes but
the base around the electrode were a little black. The plugs have a little
over 10K on them.  I put a new cap and rotor on. The coil spark was blue
but thin, not a fat spark, just thin.

She started a little rough but did start. Dwell was solid at 60, pertronix
ignitor which I know is higher than 50. I don't think I've checked dwell
since replacing the points several years ago.

The timing looked close but I'll dial it in, adjust the idle, and hopefully
that will correct the rich running.

Thanks all for the help and encouragement.

Max
'71 Westy "KK-Louise" 1600dp with alternator, pertronix ignitor, 34 pict-3
carb