[T2] Oil weight

Jim Denton 2thingswild at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 10:58:19 MST 2015

The same tests are going to be used for any motor oil, but some synthetics
may actually be thinner than their label implies.  If you were to buy a
straight 50wt synthetic oil then it would likely test out close to a
25w50.  The same is true with some of today's straight weight dino oils, a
straight 30wt might actually test out to be a 10w30.  This just represents
the change in oil refining over the years since the oil viscosity data was
originally quantified.