[T2] Oil weight

Richard Jack jackvw at me.com
Thu Dec 3 19:44:40 MST 2015

I know I may be opening up a can of worms, I'd like some advice.  What oil do you guys run winter vs. summer.  I have to run SAE 50 in the summer.  SAE 30 is to thin, my oil pressure light will flicker in the summers on 30 weight. With 50 weight, no problems.  I drive my bus all year round.  This is my first winter with this motor.  1600DP. All stock.  I was thinking of going down to SAE 40, for the winter as the 50 weight seems too thick on start up. I'm curious what oil and brand you guys are running.

Richard
Lubbock,TX
1974 Westy Tin Top