[T2] RE; [Q] Ethanol

Erik Burtis ewdb92 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:23:54 MST 2015

My bus had braided hose when we got her and we had a fairly strong gas
smell in the garage.  Installed 30r7 (more ethanol friendly, but not the
best stuff) with little change in smell.  Then I used the Gates hose -
problem solved.  This was enough to convince me that all fuel line is not
the same.  I'm in VA with 10% ethanol and haven't had the chance to use
pure gas so I can't comment on performance differences.  But I run at
normal CHT at 65 mph, cruise uphill just fine, and have gotten 20 mpg out
of the dual kad 1600 stock engine.