[T2] CHT with Dakota gauge

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Wed Aug 19 21:22:31 MST 2015

Sami,
I have a Dakota Digital CHT gage on my type 1 engine. TC's on #1 and #3.
I can swap connectors in the cab to check both sides. Currently 1 side
reads about 20F higher than the other. Not sure which side is which just
yet. However the temp reading on the Higher one runs tops 390 running
really hard on the freeway. Usual speeds 60-65mph temp runs in the
340-360 range. I need to do a little trouble shooting to figure out
which reading goes with which side of the engine and which one is correct.
The sensors are of the ring lug type that fits on the spark plug threads.
Plug tips look perfect.

I'm running fuel injection with a Mexi-bug throttle body/intake manifold
and a Megasquirt controller. Used the automatic tuning option to set up.
I also have a wide band meter. A/F ratio runs at about 12.2:1 at WOT,
medium load on freeway runs around 12.6-13:1, foot off throttle at
freeway speeds 13-16:1. Maximum spark advance is currently 34 degrees.
Thinking about dropping that to 32. Have fully electronic ignition (No
Dizzy!!).

Anyone have thoughts on the AF ratio's? Or the advance?

Thanks,
Chris
64DD Kamper Kit