[T2] 1971 bus brake hose-now binding caliper

MUTS . muts at verizon.net
Sat Aug 8 07:25:54 MST 2015

http://www.simplytoolsteel.com/temperature-color-guide.html
Our other van camper (Chevie  93 G30 Van) had a mystery brake pedal to
floor incident that was OK upon cooling-and it was towed to dealer,
which found hydraulic system OK but a binding caliper/failing bearing.
Told me rotor (22K mi on it and caliper) was OK- but I checked this-
interesting chart of how to interpret overheated steel color, like that
blue ball found in our CV joint) and it could not have been seizing long
if rotor "OK"?  My reading says I must ask if rotor is "colored" & if
they relieved the pressure via bleeder both to see if piston could be
moved, suggesting it was hose narrowing or crud in it which may show in
bleeding pressure.
A failed bearing could also cause wheel binding?
MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper