[T2] 71 bus window regulator

Erik Burtis ewdb92 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:23:17 MST 2015

Hi John
The regulator can be removed, but you need to take out the lower bolt for
the vent window frame.  Reach up into the door and grab the regulator on
either side of the vent window and pull down, it should slip between the
the door frame and vent window (pull hard, it's not easy).  I've also used
a wood shim (made from a hard wood) to open a gap between the door and vent
window frames, enough to get the regulator started.  To get the regulator
back in, push the shim in between the door and vent window frames and then,
from the top, put in a bolt that is about the same size diameter as the
regulator (or you can try just pulling the bolt down like I described for
the regulator above).  With the bolt between the door and vent window
frames, remove the shim and then insert the window regulator from the
bottom.  Push the regulator up towards the bolt, between the door and vent
window frames.  The bolt will eventually pop out above the door/vent window
junction, followed by the regulator.  Bolt everything back together and
you're good to go.  Some pics here might help.
https://zerotosixtyeventually.wordpress.com/2011/12/15/what-is-behind-door-1/
Erik