[T2] Late Bay poptop assist

John Burneskis john.burneskis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:48:04 MST 2015

Thanks Mike.  I like your thinking.

This GoWesty video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTsNZC7v9Uo )  shows
the mounting of their strut kit onto a Vanagon.

What I like about this product is that the lift bracket for the pop-top
side of the installation is on the Vanagon 'aluminum rail', and NOT on the
fiberglass roof.  Very sensible.

The more I am seeing on this, the better I appreciate the issue for the
late bay Westy.

I just did not want to reinvent the wheel, or try to make a better mouse
trap.

Nigel A Skeet from the UK has a lot of thoughts and directions to others,
people who also seek a technical solution for the late bay Westy lift  (I
believe Nigel has/had a '73, with the 'early bay' Westy roof)

Barry sends