[T2] help , video to help diagnose my Westphalia air cool 1993 problem.

Christophe Guilbert cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu
Sun Aug 2 12:07:23 MST 2015

Hi guys , I really would like to thanks everyone is those lists for
helping me.

This email is just for the closing record so it may help someone else in
the same situation.

I found the culprit , gaz starvation !!! Yes shame on me !, well things
were a little more complicated than that because to my defense , That's
the first thing I checked, gas supply , I plugged the console back to my
van and checked the fuel gauge which indicated about 20% gas left !!!! I
did try to trace everything I could. I found a little vacuum leak at the
intake air distributor level and a couple of wire which had to be fixed.
Now that my van is working again  I have a better idle. So how I
realized I had a gas starvation ? by changing the fuel pump, I was
expecting some gas spill in the inlet of the gas pump but none was
coming out. My van was parked in my drive away perpendicularly to a 4-5%
grade street. That was it ... I add 1 gall of gas and the engine worked
for 5min, I had to add an second gallon of gas ! Also , even if I added
gas , I had to wait a little to have the engine running, I could not
start the engine immediately after poring gas in the tank.

Okay case is close I can move on with my project, more question later.

Thanks so much.

Chris