[T2] Generator / Fan diss assembly Q

Austin Burns austinb71 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:18:03 MST 2015

Hi folks, Generator / Fan diss assembly Q...

1968 Bus, 1600 dual port. I am stripping down engine for rebuild. Engine is
down to case and cylinders pistons.

Doghouse is off of engine. Generator / fan is out of doghouse. Front nut on
generator is off, and first plate comes off and shims do too. I want to
separate fan from generator so I can clean fan and repaint the bit of
engine tin that mounts to doghouse. It is unclear to me how to loosen the
'special nut' that holds the fan to the generator.

With the generator front nut and plate off, how do i keep generator shaft
from rotating so I can loosen the special nut holding fan?

thanks
Austin