[T2] 002 tranny interchangeability

jules jules.herr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:11:31 MST 2015

Probably not, in my experience i've bolted the 1600 engine onto all
varieties of bay transmissions without any necessary modifications.

It's more difficult going with the type iv to early bay transmission.

The other differences between the years: shift rod is shorter on the late
bay transmissions (though listees have reported you can use the longer one,
it just changes the placement of the shifter) the front mounts changed in
the mid 70's, and they added overhead support for the transmission (not
sure when).

of course your mileage may vary

peace
jules