[T2] 1971 bus turn signal and generator.

Raceing Cajun raceingcajun at communicomm.com
Sat Apr 4 07:53:05 MST 2015

"Engine in generator removal": Remove battery, and air cleaner........Remove
carburetor, place rag in throat of intake manifold......using 36 mm (or 1
7/16")  socket, reach around fan housing and remove nut, keeping track of
shims between fan and nut, last washer is a lock washer and has a square
opening to fit fan mount (note: lock generator like you are removing fan
belt) holding fan on back of gen. shaft, fan nut is very tight so a breaker
bar is a must!.......remove fan belt, and wires from generator........remove
generator clamp, by just loosening enough to slide back off generator
stand.........remove 4) 10 mm head bolts on generator mounting
plate.......tilt generator forward, and separate fan from mounting spacer
(keeping track of and amount of shims) these shims space fan and keep it
from rubbing housing.....leave fan in fan housing, remove generator.......
remove fan mount from generator shaft, maintaining woodruff
key........remove 2) 10 mm head nuts holding generator mounting
flange......... Install in reverse order!

Place shim stock under turn signal housing and re-tighten screws.

Skipper

ps: I have found it "almost as quick and easy to pull the motor than wiggle
my fat ass up in there working on my knees". Of course if you have a lift
all that is mute!