[T2] Fuel tank hose replacement

Old Volks Home oldvolkshome at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 14:47:37 MST 2014

Mike -

It's OK to be a troll ;)  Originally VW had two different hoses, one for
the 72-75 (longer one) and one for the 76-79 and typical of VW they
superseded one to the other to cover the 72-79 as a cost effective
inventoried replacement.  The repro, to save on production run setups was
done in the same fashion.  If you or someone else with gobs of cash laying
around wants to do two separate hoses with overall projected higher
production costs, be my guest.  Everyone calling for one is absolutely
grateful to have found a replacement to begin with, considering VW
discontinued it over 14 years ago. Or we could have just sent them off to
Just Kampers in the UK to get the hose for a cool Benjamin or more to cover
the freight across the pond ;)

Jim Thompson
84 GL 1.9 "Gloria"
84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt"
72 411 Station Wagon "Pug"
75 914 1.8 "Nancy"
Full Timing From March 1999 To January 2012
oldvolkshome at gmail.com
http://www.oldvolkshome.com
Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jim-Thompson/100000710343835