[T2] Rear Brake Cylinder

The Bus Depot type2 at busdepot.com
Thu Sep 11 07:03:19 MST 2014

> My passenger side rear brake cylinder appears to be leaking. I'm trying to
find a
> new one, but I can only find ones for '72-79, or front cylinders. This is
for my
> '69 singlecab.
> I have read that I should get the ATE type, but can't seem to find them.
> Could someone help me out with a link to a quality one or a part number?

There were two OEM suppliers to Volkswagen/Germany, ATE and FAG. The latter
company is now known as FTE.  Both are of comparable quality. There are also
Brazilian OEM ones which are made by Varga a/k/a TRW/Brazil. Those are still
good quality compared to aftermarket but are not as good as ATE and FTE.

http://www.busdepot.com/211611047cbr (OEM to VW of Germany)

http://www.busdepot.com/211611047cbr (OEM to VW of Brazil)

Ron Salmon
The Bus Depot, Inc.