[T2] Connecting heat exchanger to cables 69 Bus

Jim Denton 2thingswild at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 09:18:07 MST 2014

The kit mentioned by OVH is obviously a good way to do this.  However years
ago when I was faced with the same dilemma, I just made my own barrel nuts
by taking 5/16(?)" bolts and drilling and tapping them to make replacement
barrel nuts.  With the heads left on the bolts is it much easier to install
and remove them than standard barrel nuts.  I have the same on my carb
linkage.  I cherish these pieces and am always afraid I will loose them
when I have the heater cables removed or the carb off for some reason. If
you go this route use bolts long enough to have a 1/2" or so section of
solid shank.