[T2] Replacing Windshield and cleaning metal opening +dashbaord

haluska john jjh49 at asis.com
Tue Nov 11 19:57:40 MST 2014

Hello,

  I am currently replacing a cracked windshield on my 73 weekender.  The windshield has come off and I am having the metal cleaned (rust of course) before a new one is put in.  The piece where the dash connects to the body (near the windshield) is also rusted and is screwed to the body.  The body shop is curious (as am I) if that part has a replacement - the serial/vin number is attached to it by the driver side.

my question is two pronged….1.  is there a place that makes replacements for this and at the very least… how easy is it to remove this part and either replace or completely clean of rust and repaint then reapply.

 I hope i am being clear about what i am talking about.

thanks