[T2] Removing slotted Oil Pressure Relief Plug

Richard F Coombs rfcoombs at syr.edu
Fri Nov 7 07:38:17 MST 2014

My solution for this was to take an inexpensive gasket scraper that I bought off a table of Chinese tools at the Syracuse Nationals, grind the end flat, & then shape the corners in a "cut & try" fashion until I had an exact fit with the subtle (concave) curve of the slot. The square shaft of the scraper will accept a wrench for a little extra leverage, if necessary. The scraper (pre-grinding) looks like this: http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=gasket+scraper

Richard

'71 hippie Bus "Putt-Putt"
'71 homebrew camper "Sugar Magnolia"
my71vwbusputt-putt at blogspot.com