[T2] need auto shift cable

Mike Benthin muts at verizon.net
Fri May 30 12:55:33 MST 2014

PS, 78 passed inspection today!! (NJ)  Luckily they did not look
underneach to see front beam rot around bottom (not steering arm coupler)

Is it harder to drive an autoshift without the clutch?  I start it in
1st, using the starter. Drive to a high rev and then feel into 2nd as
the rpms drop- you will find where it will slip in. Same for 3rd.  Do
downshift slip into neutral (is there a neutral on autoshift?) and rev
the engine up to where it will slip into the lower gear.  To slow/stop,
slip into neutral, Turn off engine, use starter again to go.  Tough on
an uphill or if you live in a city, where the number of starts may run
the battery down before getting home.  Better to have Good Sam RV
insurance and get a tow!  Or get the spare out at a safe place!

MUTS Oboe/EH support = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper