[T2] RE; electrical help please

Tim Shepherd forever-endeavor at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 23 12:09:18 MST 2014

Bob wrote:

"if I put jumper from Battery to + of coil  >  engine starts.
hot spark
if I turn ignition on with (no?) jumper from battery. > engine will not start.
VERY weak spark

engine will keep running if jumper is removed and igniton on
engine will not restart without jumper

if engine is running and ignition is on, will keep running if jumper is
removed and can be stopped normally.  will not restart.
VERY weak spark" Hey Bob, try cleaning the ground strap connections from the frame to the transmission, or replace it completely. This has got to be one of the most neglected parts of the wiring and causes all kinds of problems if not maintained. Timo