[T2] Type 4 to Type 2

Tim Shepherd forever-endeavor at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:56:46 MST 2014

I have done this conversion on a 1977 Kombi. No need to swap transmissions. You will need to shorten the input shaft about 1/2" and make a way for the mustache bar to mount to the rear engine mount brackets. I cut the stock parts of an earlier donor Bus, including the threshold tin to seal the rear of the engine compartment to the 1600 tin. I made plates to keep road debris off the heads and left the front open. No overheating and relatively dust free, but not fast. PM me if you want pictures. Timo in Hawaii