[T2] Closing down shop

John Burneskis john.burneskis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 18:45:55 MST 2014

For those of you who don't know me, I am Santa Claus (on a stick)

For those of you who DO know me (few and far between; and lucky at that) I
am John Barry Burneskis.

Sometimes I go by the moniker ANYMOUSE (anonymous) and sometime by HONEYBUS
(and some time by Roger Mills, but that's another story).

I know John Anderson (Very slightly) and Mark Dearing (I am a satisfied
customer) and Mike Benthin. And othes . . . . but they will never
acknowledge that they know me!!

I have to move from my 4-5 BR home to a 2 BR townhouse and I have to clear
my stash.

I have a 100+ year old Singer sewing machine that I have been using on my
various VW camper buses.  Right now I have a converted 1978 camper that is
in 98% shape. (I just fu%#ed up my left hubcap at PDF, so I have to bang it
out and respray.  It is an 'early' bay hubcap.)  Also, some of the keys on
this old Windows XP keyboard are flaky, so forgive / forget my typos)

I have EXTRA material that I was planning to use during my next 5 - 10
years, but I must move from my spacious 4-5 bedroom home to a 2 bedroom
townhouse (I retired in July 2013 - must downsize.)

Material = vinyl (mustard yellow; nice chestnut; lots of Naugahyde which is
a bear to work with)

Curtains of various color (tan; brown; green; whatever) and other stuff
that MUST be 'resolved'.

I am now in the process of trashing THIS WEEK that which is BIG and
valueless (i. e., some nice rubber foam that can be cut and formed to make
rear Westy seats; nice vinyl; various curtain fabrics and curtains) .  I
talked with Mike Benthin briefly, but he does no have a need / want for
these things (he is also one who  sews)

So, briefly, here is what has to be 'solved' right now:

1.  Bunch of vinyl and Westy fabric / curtains. (curtains are NOT afull
set; green , brown, tan, yellow - I have all I need)

2. two 1980-83 vanagon seats - one 'whole' and one in pieces

3. Foam from a couch which is perfect to make the bed (rear or topside)

4. Some 5 old military blankets from WW II (+1/2)

5. Bunch of other fabrics (cute BEAR fabric which I had planned to recover
the 1980-83 seats; matching bear fabric for curtains.)

6,  White vinyl (54" * 17') that might make a great head-liner. Also black
vinyl for the kick panels.

All this stuff (above) is free for pickup.  (need I mention, if it easier
to trash the items than give it away, such is a loss to the community.

Stuff that will cost big bucks;

1. clock for early bay (I have a late bay clock in my '78 ('73))

2.  Early bay drive-away tent (I had -4- of these tents and this one is the
best.  I planned to leave it with my Westy for the next owner - this is my
last VW of any kind)

3. Engraved rear window with 'crying bus' and 'dancing bears' and 'Jerry
Garcia profile' - priceless.  I had THREE of these made and only ONE will
be available.  (Richard Palmer, what is your address??)  BTW, Ray Nemo,
what is YOUR address??

4, Speedometers (2) with trip-meters that will fit the 1978 - 1974 buses (I
have a third, but that one is not a pretty fit. It is a '80 speedo where
some accommodations must be made. Free to a friend.

Gosh know what else???  Brand new front / rear bumpers? (Ray Nemo, where
are you? ? ?)

I am getting tired and you are getting bored.

Later 'gator.

Barry  sends