[T2] squeaky rear end

Michael Howe dedhammike at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:03:05 MST 2014

I have a squeak in the rear end of my bus that I am having a hard time
finding.  Appears to be coming from either right rear tire or
transmission.  Have recently changed rear wheel bearings with FAG bearings
and Erling seals.  Have also changed CV joints with new Lobro and new
boots.

Almost sounds like a rubber squeak and changes with speed of vehicle
whether coasting, driving, under load, etc.  Also sometimes getting a sort
of burning rubber smell once in a while?  Seals on CV adapters on tranny
are leaking right now.  trying to find the vent hole on top to clear out
and see if that stops.

Sprayed down boots on CV joints with WD-40 to see if bellows of boots was
making noise.  Did not change.

Seems to have some play on those flange adapters side to side, but not in
and out.

Driving me crazy, but noise is getting worse.

Any suggestions???

--
Mike Howe
dedhammike at gmail.com