[T2] Fuel injection system for my 74 bus

Old Volks Home oldvolkshome at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 21:36:54 MST 2014

I put that list together for Bus Boys back in the 90s and not from ETKA
which is missing data - this info was from Bosch and the parts fiche.  When
Karl wrote that he had forgotten that the 79-83.5 Cal Bus & Vanagon's ECU
has a pin for the O2 Sensor, Federal ECUs don't.  Sure they will run and is
difficult to notice, but the Calif ECUs not receiving an O2 signal will run
in the default "rich mode", affecting mileage in the long term. (unless
you install a bung and sensor into the exhaust).  I mentioned this to Karl
when I last saw him and he said "oh yeah, that's right".  I do miss Karl

The best take-off and install/swap I've done (way back when) was from
either a 77 or 78.  Real simple if you have all the parts.

Jim Thompson
84 GL 1.9 "Gloria"
84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt"
72 411 Station Wagon "Pug"
75 914 1.8 "Nancy"
Full Timing From March 1999 To January 2012
oldvolkshome at gmail.com
http://www.oldvolkshome.com
Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jim-Thompson/100000710343835