[T2] 74 door handle

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Thu Feb 13 19:36:46 MST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Newman"
> Driver's side door handle stopped working. I pulled the panel but I can't
> see any connections for it. Manuals don't cover this problem. Will just
> replacing the >handle fix this? Any thoughts or information on it?

the inside handle has a rod that pulls the mechanism attached to the latch..

the outside handle has a "finger" that pushes on the mechanism attached to
the latch

if you have the outside handle off.. you can open the latch with your own
finger,, stick it in, and flip the arm.. and the door will open.

if you have the inside handle off, and there is no rod.. that is a good
place to start.. look for the rod.
and connect it